This slideshow covers “15 Myths Most Nonprofits Fall For.” Myths like “planned gifts take too long, and we need the cash now” choke off planned giving budgets and stunt organizational growth. This presentation shoots down the myths one by one with facts that will convince even the crustiest board member to give planned giving a chance.
Why you need it:
You “get it.” You know planned giving is the key the future success of your nonprofit and its mission. (And your career.) If your board members don’t get it, after this presentation—they will. Blow their minds, change their hearts, and increase your the budget they give you for planned giving next year.
- If your board doesn’t “get it,” it’s your job to convince them. This presentation makes your job easy.
- Ready to go. Just download it to your computer and project it.
- Breeze through it in 15 minutes or go deeper and make it last an hour.
How to use it:
Call a special meeting or grab a slot in an existing meeting. Show this presentation and win over the holdouts your board.
How it’s structured:
- 35 slides total
- Slide with a myth followed by a slide with the reality
- Myth: Planned gifts take too long, and we need the cash now.
- Reality: The average time from inception to maturity for a planned gift is 7-10 years. (That’s only a few years longer than most campaign pledge periods.)
- Microsoft PowerPoint