Encourages and explains gifts of real estate, which often deliver the largest gift value of all the types of assets you can receive. Focuses on outright gifts, and is the first in a three-part series of newsletter articles that present the complete picture on gifts of real estate in portions your prospects can digest. (But can also stand alone as a general overview of the topic because it references the more complex types of transfers.) Benefits first, then technical and tax details plus acknowledgement of due diligence your organization must perform before accepting property. Clear, simple, persuasive text.
Note: Newsletter avoids elaborate financial examples to lessen chances of becoming obsolete through new tax laws and/or rates. However, text does use assumptions of a top Federal income tax rate of 35% and a long-term capital gains tax rate of 15%. Copy will be edited in subsequent editions if changes in these rates occur.
How the copy is structured:
- Introduction (with a hypothetical example)
- Why should you consider using real estate to make a charitable gift?
- You can take a tax deduction based on the fair market value of the real estate…
- You can avoid or offset capital gains tax…
- You can reduce your estate tax…
- You can tailor your gift…
- So, How Do I Give Real Estate? (Additional items to be aware of)
- Pre-Arranged Sale
- Our Due Diligence
- Environmental Liability