Trusts 101: For Nonprofits and Professional Advisors
Trusts are financial and estate planning tools designed to help one to take care of their finances and their family. With the help of their professional advisor, a donor can create a trust as unique as they and their dreams. With Trusts 101, you can suggest how your donors can match their dreams to the type of trust meant for them, including helping your nonprofit. “Take a look, call your advisor, create the roadmap to your best future!”
- Asset Protection trust
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Credit Shelter Trust
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Revocable Living Trust
- Special Needs Trust
- Testamentary Trust
A 20-item chart/matrix illustrating the features and benefits of each trust with checkmarks in appropriate columns for each type of trust.
- I want to keep my estate planning as simple as possible.
- I’ve got children.
- I want to help my extended family.
- My loved one is incapacitated.
- My loved on can’t take care of themselves.
- My loved one is terrible with money.
- I’ve got a business that want to pass on.
- I can’t keep track of my finances. I want to simplify.
- My kids don’t want to work in the family business.
- I’m getting divorced or remarried.
- I’ve got serious legal problems and I need to protect my assets.
- I want to create a legacy for future generations.
- I want to support my favorite charity.
- I want to create a steady cash flow for retirement.
- I worry about healthcare and Medicaid eligibility for my loved ones.
- I worry about getting sick.
- I want privacy.
- I’ve got unique property that I don’t want to divide up among my heirs.
- I worry about taxes.
- I want flexibility.
Message for Advisors:
Collaborating with your clients is the new reality. Trusts 101 is the roadmap to guide clients on their path to a secure financial future.