If your constituency includes wealthy prospects who own small companies or run family businesses, this focused letter presents a concise overview of the benefits of giving closely held stock. Written to get your prospects thinking about how such a gift could work for them, it can also help prepare them for a conversation with you.
Suitable for a targeted mailing campaign.
How the letter is organized:
- …Closely held stock can work to your advantage and support the mission you care about…
- Ways to Give Closely Held Stock
- Gifting the Shares Outright
- Creating Life-Income Gift (Flip Unitrust)
- Tax Considerations
- Restrictions on Transfer
- Arms-Length Requirement
- Closely Held Stock Subject to Debt
- Our Due Diligence
- Call to Action